Friday, December 15, 2006

Lil Waynes 'Lil Weezyana'

Two albums/mixtapes came out recently. The albums share a lot of the same qualities, which makes them easy to compare. I'm talking about the Eminem's 'Re-Up' and Lil Waynes 'Lil Weezyana'. These mixtapes are meant to serve one purpose- introduce the next wave of young stars on their respective labels. For Eminem, his job is to hype up Obie, Ca$his, Bobby Creekwater, D12, and all of G-Unit (did I forget anyone?). Lil Wayne is working on Curren$y, Mack Man, Baby Boy and Poca the Babygirl. One of these albums works and one doesn't. One of them you can download legally and free and one you can't. One of these is one of my favorite records of the year and one should be sitting in my recycle bin.

'Lil Weezyana' doesn't even come close to sounding like a gateway to the new artists on Young Money, it sounds like a Lil Wayne record. All the people on it sound great complementing Wayne, even the track "Secret Weapon" which I think is this Poca the Babygirl. If you hate Wayne don't take it from me, I am making the campaign that Wayne is currently the best out. Like I have said before, I don't care what the man does and what he puts in his mouth (I'm talking drugs). He is crazy on a different level, I am still thinking about this birthday party that was shown on BET the other night. Wayne is one strange dude, but it's all good. He has Wayne has "Fear God" tattooed on his eyelids. Enough said.

It is undeniable at this point that the way Lil Wayne hiccups out verses and strings it all together is worthy of G.O.A.T. I was listening to 'Lil Weezyana' last night and there was a line that made me go back and listen again. It went something like this "I feed the bitch grapes/make her crepes/if you don't know that is French pancakes" and then he went on and made some attempt at some French. Stupéfiant!

Again, you can download the entire record for free over at Young Money's official web site and if you haven't you should. Here are three tracks from the record:

Lil Wayne and Young Money - Nigga Wit Money (YSI)/(Z-Share)
Lil Wayne and Young Money - Downtown (YSI)/(Z-Share)
Lil Wayne and Young Money - Secretary (YSI)/(Z-Share)

Labels: