Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mike Jones - The American Dream

I left 'The American Dream' off the most anticipated releases of the year list and I don't know how I could have. "Mr. Jones" might be the hottest track I have heard so far this year. The word is that 'The American Dream' is going to be released on February 14.

Producers on the album are said to be Cool and Dre, Scott Storch, amongst others. I'm told guests include Paul Wall, Bun B, Pimp C, Scarface, Trae, Diddy, T-Pain, Z-Ro, and Jim Jones. I can only hope that the Jimmy Jones/Mike Jones track is called something like "Keeping up with the Joneses".

Here are some audio streams of the first single from 'The American Dream'

Mike Jones - Mr. Jones (quicktime) (windows)

On a completely unrelated note, in honor of their 25th anniversary Thrasher has posted their first twelve issues online in their entirety. Issue five contains the important guide to constructing your very own skateboard ramp and you can't ignore the first issue on indoor skateboarding.

Labels: