Friday, December 08, 2006

Did Jay buy 200,000 copies of his own album?

So, Mediatakeout.com is reporting that they received an anonymous email from someone that works at Def Jam saying the first week number that Jay put up were inflated by his own album sales. Now, I don't know about this. Here is the email that Mediatakeout received:
Just wanted to let you know that the "numbers" that Jay put up are probably fake. I work at Def Jam and everyone here knows that [Jay Z] bought more than 200,000 copies of the album himself. Ain't that some [EXPLETIVE]. I guess money really ain't a thing for [Jay Z].

He was all up on the BET Awards saying "Numbers don't lie." Fake [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE].
I really understand that you can't trust everything you read and I am not at all saying I believe it. Just worth mentioning, especially when you drop from 700K to 130K.

Labels: