Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Jay-Z to Black Americans: Embrace Your People

Jay Z, I just keep shaking my head at him. I am very curious about his new offering 'Kingdom Come', especially with tracks produced by Coldplay's Chris Martin, but he is really starting to become too much. Most recently Jay went to Africa, it was there that a camel rode a horse, sounds like a good time right?Jay didn't come back with a child, but did come back a changed man. Jay has some advice for black Americans.
"The first thing I would say is you have to go home [to Africa], you have to go and understand what's going on and embrace your people," he said. "The second thing I would tell people is: You're not from the 'hood. Just stop saying that altogether. You have a wonderful life. You turn on the water, the water is there. You got AC, and you have AC in your car. You're good. You're not from the 'hood. It's mind-blowing. It just puts things in perspective when people say, 'I had it rough coming up.'"
Read the whole bit over at MTV

I wonder if Jay wasn't who he is today he would be out in Marcy telling people to go embrace the homeland. I mean are people supposed to have money left to go to Africa after paying a months salary to go watch him preform?

In other Jay-Z news, Jay is offering a incentive to buy New Jersey Nets tickets. Guess what the incentive is? 100 lucky people will win signed copy of 'Kingdom Come'. The offer, which is on sale now, consists of tickets to the first three Nets home games. The ever quotable Jay had this to say:
"I’m excited about this package as it combines two of my passions: music and the Nets,"

I like what Jimmy had to say about Jigga in this video: "Fuck Jay-Z"





In other news, favorite Jimmy Jones has been speaking on Loon. I'm not sure how old this is, but I just got it.

Jim Jones - Speaking on Loon (YSI/Z-Share)

I can't wait for his new album. Jimmy Jones will bring New York back.