Monday, November 06, 2006

A Very Special Dipset Christmas

Curren$y just released a mixtape called "Christmas in October" but Christmas will actually come on 12/5 when the Diplomats release "A Dipset Christmas". I emailed a friend of mine at Koch Records to find out the deal, she provided me with all the information I needed. I will outline this in bullet point form:
  • Will be out 12/5
  • Holiday Classics covered by the Diplomats (which means no "12 Bricks of Christmas")
  • A sampler is floating around Best Buy, the sampler might be available when you buy the new Jim Jones Record at Best Buy.
This isn't the first time that a rap group has ventured into this territory. I did some investigating this morning and was able to find these other key 4th quarter releases.

Christmas Rap feat songs such as "Chillin with Santa" by Derek B and the track "Christmas In Hollis" by Run-D.M.C.

Christmas On Death Row is a banger. If you don't know about this one, I suggest you obtain a copy ASAP. Samples are available on Amazon. If you don't think it is worth it to follow the link how about the song "Santa Claus Goes Straight To The Ghetto" by Snoop.

I hope it is not too early to start up with Christmas.

In other news...

I saw Lady Sovereign last night and had a chance to ask her a quick question, maybe if I would has asked her a fluff question right off the bat I would have been able to ask her more than one.

Me: Do you ever see Jay-Z wearing sandals around the Def Jam offices?

Sov: Whaaaa?

Tour Manager: He isn't Jesus

Interview over.