Friday, December 22, 2006

SLTGM Person of The Year - Jim Jones

While Lil' Wayne is a close second it is impossible to not recognize the year that Capo has had. Going into the year Jimmy's notoriety was a distant third behind Cam and Juelz. The year that Jimmy has had is surprising, I thought the Diplomats had reached there peak with "The Whistle Song". I do content that 'Ballin' blew up without intention (dude has been talking behind his tracks since his first record) but I can't deny Jimmy has been doing it all right this year.

'Ballin' isn't going to stop either, Jimmy is in talk with VH1 to start a reality show called ‘Keeping Up With The Joneses’. There is no set date that the show will start.

Jimmy has dropped some great ethers on Jay-Z over the past year, but nothing holds a candle to what he had to say to Tony Yayo. The quote below was triggered by Tony yelling "booooring" backstage at Hot 97’s Back To School Bash. This line might just end up as the diss of the year.
I don’t know if he said that, but if that little nigga said that he need to get his money up cause I’m balling for real, you know what I’m talking about? It’s all aggressive competition to each his own, smell me? You dig? That nigga’s a immigrant. He’s a straight hater, he belong in little Haiti.
I'm not saying that Jimmy is G.O.A.T. or anything, but he had the best year in Hip Hop and might have claimed the King of New York crown. No matter how many copies it is alleged that 'Kingdom Come' sold Jimmy ruined all that with the single of the year "We Fly High".

I know people are going to disagree with all this, let me know via the comments. I over looked some big releases in 2007 yesterday, maybe I forgot about all the great things that Nasir did this year. Also, go vote on the side poll for album of the year on the left column.

Remember to send everyone a holiday greeting from Jim Jones.

Labels: ,