Monday, February 26, 2007

Jamal Crawford Listens to Gangsta Music

Jamal Crawford, shooting guard for the New York Knicks gives his rundown on MTV's Mixtape Monday for what music pumps the Knicks up to lose before games.
You'll hear Jay-Z for sure. Then you'll hear Jeezy, Game and Lil Wayne. Can't forget Lil Wayne. Everybody loves Wayne. T.I. too. Everybody bumps to the same thing. There may be times when we listen to Jeezy more, but lately Wayne and Jay have been really dominating the locker room. Wayne's got so much on the mixtape, but with Game, we like the song with him and Nas, 'Why You Hate the Game.' ... I'm more [into] lyrics. Jay, sometimes it could take you a few times to listen to him to really catch what he's saying. Wayne is getting to that level. He breaks stuff down, his detail is crazy. [Center/forward] Eddy Curry has been a Lil Wayne fan ... for a long time. So I gotta give it to him. He's been putting us on him.
I see you Eddy Curry.

Also from Mixtape Monday, while on the phone shopping with Currtiss's son Tony Yayo had some words about some people:
I don't believe Cam'ron, I don't believe Jim Jones, I don't believe Lil Wayne, I don't believe Baby, I don't believe Game and I don't believe Fat Joe. I feel like Cam'ron is a peon. Let's ask the general public: When is the last time Cam'ron made a f---ing hit? It's time for these n---as to pay the piper.
I just got a copy of Twisted Black's new record, the record label made it sound like he wasn't in as much trouble as he turns out to be. He was just convicted of conspiracy and delivering more than 1,000 grams of crack cocaine. What does conspiracy and delivery of 1,000 grams of crack cocaine get you these days? About three concurrent 30-years in jail.

Some more information was emailed into me about Straight Up Brands. Read this post from last Friday as well as this link about the CEO's former company. If you want to really get going, listen to this interview. Between the 10th and 14th minute of the interview you hear the CEO make fun of rappers killing one another and that could help sales.

Big shout goes out to On Smash who blocked their videos from SLTGM. What is the point of offering embedded html if you don't want it posted? It seems I am not the only one who was given the peasure.

What would Monday morning be without seeing P. Diddy's kid do his Rich Boy impersonation?