Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bob shouts out!


So Dylan dropped his first number 1 record in 30 years, Congrats. I think it's solid. I think it's cause Zimm is sending out shout outs now in songs..
Thunder on the Mountain, Dylan sings: "I was thinking 'bout Alicia Keys, I couldn't keep from crying/While she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was livin' down the line/ I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be, I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee."
Hmmm....
Not the first time Bob's mentioned he's down.

In Chronicles, his autobiography, when producer Daniel Lanois asked Bobby what he was listening to circa 1989, he was surprised to hear the answer: ''Ice-T.''
In his book, Dylan raves about Public Enemy, N.W.A, and Run-D.M.C.: ''They were all poets and knew what was going on.'' He even confesses that they made him feel that his own music had become ''archaic.''
Here is a 21 track episode of Bob's XM show themed on cars.
Bob Dylan - XM radio show #12 "cars"
Here are some real gems from the Blonde on Blonde Outakes with fixed links
Bob Dylan - Visions of Johana 2 (blonde on blonde outake)
Bob Dylan - Jet Pilot (Blonde on Blonde outake)