Saturday, December 09, 2006

Lil' Wayne Explains Jay-Z Comments

Here is more info on the item that created the most stir with regards to the rap beefs post from yesterday. These quotes by Wayne were first posted on All Hip Hop. This is all taken from a call that Lil' Wayne made to Hot 97 with DJ Absolut.

When asked to explain the comments made about Jay-Z, Wayne said:

“I think I speak for everybody when I say it’s not dead as long as I’m still dropping albums,”

He also said that the comments stem from a time last year when the Roc was going to sign Dwayne (see audio below):
“I want people to just look at it like that dude who came out of college that was supposed to get drafted by the #1 team, which was Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam. They passed on me and now I with a good team and a good coach and of course on every interview I’m gonna cut down the team that didn’t pick me."
Here is a segment from 'Dedication vol.1' where Dwayne Carter speaks on his deal and the Roc/Jay-Z option (YSI)/(Z-Share)

Wayne did not back down from saying he was better than Jay-Z:
"I'm better than this game, We could be having this conversation about any other person in this game. It was who I was asked about at this time. Yall trying to build a case on me. But I tell you what. If you build a case against me and take me to trial, I will beat it."

Labels: , ,